Tips for Curly Hair
Now that you have seen some of the top looks for curly hairstyles, we thought we would leave you with some helpful advice for curly hair! Check out our tips for products for curly hair and other curly hair tips!
Top Curly Hair Tips To Help You Rock Your Curly Locks
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Wash your hair only once or twice a week. You can use a quality leave in-conditioner or even dry shampoo between washings. Washing your hair too frequently can dry out your hair and damage your curls.
- Use curly hair products only: From shampoo for curly hair to leave in conditioners and moisturizes, make sure that you are only using products that are specifically designed for curly hair.
- Don’t use heat on your hair: Air dry whenever possible or use a diffuser if you have to blow dry your hair.
- Only use a wide tooth comb and never use a brush on your hair.
- Trim your ends regularly: every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Sleep on silk or satin pillowcases to prevent breakage.
- Use only microfiber towels to dry your hair. Never use heavy cotton towels. You can also use a t-shirt to reduce breakage and frizz.
- Comb your hair from the bottom up to prevent frizz.
- Less is more: Don’t overdo it on the hair products as this can way down your hair and make your curls listless.
- Seal your cuticles with a quality anti-frizz serum.
If you follow our advice, your curls will be healthy and happy! Stick with us, and we will show you how to get curly hair that will turn your friends green with envy!
Main photo by curlyhairstyles101