Easy hairstyles for long hair that will make you next-level gorgeous can be found here. We know how busy your morning is and we understand that you wish to look hot no matter what. So, we have created a photo gallery featuring hairstyles for your long locks that are simple and, at the same time, very beautiful.
Ponytail Hairstyle Ideas For Long Hair That Will Glam You Up
A Classy Pony
A classy pony is among the prettiest easy quick hairstyles. If you like your hair tied, then there is no better way to do it. One of the most popular quick easy hairstyles is the classy pony.
- Divide your hair equally so you have a section of your front hair and a section of the back hair.
- Tie the back hair into a ponytail.
- Separate the front section into two, and pull the right half to the back of your head and over your ponytail. The intention is to cover the hair tie. Secure this section with pins.
- Now pull the left section of the front hair and drape it over your ponytail. Use pins to secure it into position.
Twisted Braid Ponytail
When the regular pony becomes too boring and too simple, it is time to start with something new. How about the rope braid ponytail?
- Begin with a triangle-shaped section of hair at the top of your head, fasten the top and keep away the bottom part.
- Divide the top section into two and start braiding the rope, add up hair to both sections before twisting them. It will help the braid not to become loose and last longer.
- When you reach the end, criss-cross two bobby pins to fasten the ends and combine all the hair together into a low pony. After the pony is tied with the band, you can remove the bobby pins.
- You can go all the way up the rope pulling the edges so that it is fuller-looking. Also, you can wrap a small strand of hair around the band to hide it.
Textured Twist & Tail
When you are looking for an elegant pony, we may have an idea in mind. The fact is that very often when you combine two hairstyles in one, you get something fantastic as a result.
- Section your hair into two parts.
- Leave the bottom part loose.
- Create a French twist with the upper section.
- Do not forget to secure it with bobby pins.
- Pull on the twist a little to give it a more textured look.
- Leave a few strands out to frame your face.
- Use some hair spray to keep the ‘do in place
Double Knotted Pony
Are you searching for easy quick hairstyles? The double knotted pony can look great for casual outings. Our list of easy hairstyles for long hair would be incomplete without it.
- Divide your hair equally. Tie these two sections together in a low knot.
- Repeat the knot and then secure it with hair tie.
- Take a section of hair from your pony and wrap it over your hair tie to conceal it.
This is easy and looks sassy.
- Divide your hair into three equal sections and secure them in a ponytail in a way that one ponytail is on top of the other.
- Flip the ponytails and tuck them in between your head as well as the hair ties used to secure the ponytails. Pull them through the bottom giving them the tossy look.
- Tuck the ends of the top two ponytails down through the tails below them.
Side Braided Pony
College going teens love this, but it is a hit among working women, as well.
- Take a section of hair from one side of your head. French braid this section right from your hairline till the end. Secure the braid with a hair tie.
- Gather the rest of your hair into a ponytail and secure it along with the braid using a hair tie.
- Take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it on top of the hair tie to conceal it. Pin this section of hair in place.
Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyles To Show Your Femininity
Among quick easy hairstyles for long hair, we have the twisted halo. Give your hair a Greek Goddess-like hairdo with the twisted halo.
- Take a small section of hair from one side of your head. Twist it and secure it at the back, in the middle of your head with the help of pins.
- Do the same thing with a section of hair from the other side of your head.
- While securing the second section, make sure you tuck it behind the first section of twisted hair.
Do you know that easy curls is among the top naturally looking homecoming hairstyles? You want to charm your date with some model-like curls? Here’s how you do it:
- Gather your hair into a high ponytail and split it into halves.
- Wrap one half of your hair around a 1 inch curling wand. Depending on how quickly your hair curls, you can wait for 10 seconds or less.
- Use your curling wand the same way for the second half.
- Open your ponytail and loosen the curls with the help of your fingers.
Perfect for a lunch with friends or a beach party! This is one of the best among easy hairstyles for long hair.
- Collect a section of your hair from both sides. They must be in line with your temples. Now secure this section in a ponytail.
- Braid the ponytail right till the end.
- Add some volume to your braid by tugging at some sections of the braid. The edges that you tug at are used for achieving the flower-like look.
- Now simply spin the braid around to create a flower-like bun. Use pins to secure it in place.
If you are looking for something easy to create but complex to look at, then a waterfall braid is what you need to consider. With a hairdo like that, you are going to attract adoring glances no matter where you are headed.
- Part your hair.
- Take a section of hair on either side of your head.
- Split the section into three and start the regular braid.
- Keep adding hair from the top as well as the bottom as you are moving forward.
- When you reach the desired look, secure the braid with an elastic band.
Half-Up Top Knot
Have you ever envied those ladies with cute and easy-going top knots? It is time you learn how to do one on your own. It is easier than you think!
- Wash and blow-dry your hair.
- Take a section of hair on the top of your head.
- Secure it with a hairband and make a pony out of the section.
- Tease the pony.
- Twist it around to form a knot.
- Secure the knot with some bobby pins.
Add light waves to your loose locks.
Easy Flower Braid Half-Up
It may seem that something as gorgeous as this magnificent do will take a true professional only to recreate it. However, we have good news for you – you can become that skilled professional on your own too. This is all you need:
- Take two smaller sections of hair on each side.
- Twist the sections and transform them into a ponytail.
- Secure the pony.
- Braid the pony down.
- Twist the braid around to form the flower.
- Secure the flower with bobby pins.
- There you go, as simple as that!
Down Hairstyle With Braided Bang
There are times when you wish you changed your style without dramatic measures. In times like this playing around with a hairstyle that will hide away, your bangs come in merely irreplaceable.
- Part your bangs from the rest of the hair.
- Start bubble braiding from one side.
- Keep adding the hair from the bangs until a nice braid row is ready.
- Secure the braid and hide it behind your ear.
Easy And Quick Updos For Any Occasions
Easy Hairstyles For Long Hair: Unpolished Bun
Perfect for work or a dinner date, the unpolished bun can give you a polished look.
- Twist your hair into a bun. Textured hair gives you better grip and does not slip out.
- Insert a gold pin through the right side of your unpolished bun. This will put the open end of your pin on the left side of your bun.
Easy Hairstyles For Long Hair: No Slip Bun
Are you looking for a bun that won’t budge? Secure your hair in the no slip bun style.
- Tie your hair into two ponytails tied close together. Keep them low to get your perfect bun.
- Now twist the two ponytails in the opposite directions. Keep twisting till you form a bun.
- Secure the bun in place with pins.
Surely, every one of you is mesmerized by this gorgeous braided bun. The truth that such a ‘do will come in more than handy on your ‘bad hair’ day. Besides, it is so simple in its core that it is amazing how you haven’t tried it out before.
- Section your hair in four major parts.
- Braid each section and secure with a hair tie at the end.
- Twist all the braids around each other so that the bun forms.
- Secure the bun with a bunch of bobby pins, and you are ready to conquer!
Pull-Through Braid Ponytail
Some of you may think that you need to have a voluminous mane to succeed with something gorgeous as this hairdo. However, the reality is much simpler. All you need to od is to follow all the steps precisely, and the result won’t keep you waiting.
- Start off with securing a high pony on the top of your head.
- Now, split the pony into two sections.
- Secure the top section with an elastic two inches away from the beginning of the pony.
- Split secured section so that there is a hole in it.
- Pull the bottom section through the hole.
- Pull on the sides of the pony to add some more volume.
- Repeat the process until you reach the end.
Space Buns With Dutch Braids
There are days when you wish to look as other-worldly as possible. At times like that, we suggest you think about space buns in the first place.
- Part your hair down the middle.
- Start a Dutch braid from the bottom of each section.
- Secure the tops with elastics.
- Tease the unbraided sections of your hair.
- Twist them around and secure with bobby pins.
Chignon Bun Updo
If you are heading for a formal meeting but you are desperately out of time yet you are bound to look presentable, we know a ‘do that will save the day. What we have in mind is a chignon bun.
- Add some light waves to your hair.
- Use the hair spray all over your hair, however, do not overuse it.
- Gather your hair in the high pony.
- Make sure that the pony is not too tight nor too loose.
- Start twisting it around into a bun.
- Secure the chignon with bobby pins.
- Add some volume to the front if necessary.
- Use some hair spray to keep the hairdo in place.
Easy Hairstyles For Long Hair: French Twist Updo
It is amazing how something as magnificent as this pretty twist updo can be so simple to succeed with. Do not trust us? Just follow these steps to see it yourself!
- Add light curls to your hair.
- Gather the hair at the nape of your neck, make sure that you are not making it look too tight.
- Some messiness is allowed.
- Twist your hair into an easy-going French twist.
- Secure the ‘so with bobby pins.
- Add a nice decorative pin to the picture.
If you want to stand out from the crowd by sporting a fantastic hairdo, we have something in store for you.
- Make a high pony.
- Create a looped bun on the top of your head.
- Split the bun into two loops.
- Add the rest of your hair to the middle of the ‘bow.’
- Secure remaining strands at the back of the ‘bow.’
Fresh Hairstyles Ideas With Braids
Two Fishtail Braids
You can never get enough of the fishtail braids, can you? Then there is nothing better than double fishtail braids, right? And here is how you can easily get this look yourself:
- To start, divide your hair into two even parts. Each side should be divided into three sections to form the braid.
- Start braiding the fishtail. When you reach the half way down point, pull the edges of the braid to make it fuller. After that, keep going.
- When it’s almost ready, repeat the pulling the edges move and tie the braid with an elastic band.
Shouldn’t be mentioned that you should repeat the actions from each side, right? Enjoy!
There are times when you are in search of something unusual to play around with, but you still wish to be skilled enough to complete the look. In times like this, a bushel braid comes in more than useful.
- To begin with, you need to section the crown part of your hair and secure it with an elastic.
- Repeat the same with the section of hair on your ear level.
- Now, it is time to intertwine the upper and the lower sections so that they merge perfectly.
- Every section from the upper part gets separated by the section from the lower part so that the upper parts becomes the bottom one.
- When you deal with all the hair from the upper part, it is time to add another layer and repeat the process.
Big Dutch Braids Into A Ponytail
Sometimes it is hard to decide whether braids or ponies you wish to sport today. That is when you should be willing to compromise. What we are driving at are such gorgeous Dutch braids transforming into lovely ponies.
Loose Down Hairstyles For Long Hair When You Haven't Time
Enjoy keeping your hair open with this style. We couldn’t help but add this look to our list of easy hairstyles for women with long hair.
- Bring all you hair to one side.
- Take a small section of hair from the nape of your neck and secure it into a ponytail.
- Cover your ponytail with the rest of the hair giving you a perfect side-swept look.
Easy Hairstyles Tutorials
Dutch Braids Ponytail
Every lady wants to look special on a daily basis. Looking unique means that you should be open to hair experimentation too. You do not need to go over the edge to create something unusual and cute with your hair. Sometimes Dutch braid ponies are enough.
- Split your hair down the middle.
- Braid each part so that you end up with two Dutch braids, however, you should not go all the way down with the braiding.
- Merge the braid at the nape of your neck into a low pony and secure the ‘so with a hairband.
Twisted Space Buns
Have you ever wished to sport something as iconic as Princess Leia’s buns? Well, this is your best bet.
- Part your hair into two parts.
- Twist each section down.
- Wrap the twisted section around itself to make a bun.
- Secure the style with hairpins.
- Repeat the process with the other part of your hair.
French Twist Half-Up
There are so many fabulous and simple hairdos that they are difficult to list. However, we have gathered here the best ones. This French twist half-up is so adorable that it is hard to resist it. Here is how you can succeed with it:
- Make a half-up pony at the crown.
- Take a strand at one side of your head and secure it with bobby pins on the other.
- Repeat the procedure a few more times, depending upon the size of your sections.
- Pull on your hair so that the pins are hidden.
- Everything beautiful is simple at its core!
Enhance the beauty of your long tresses with these easy hairstyles for long hair. You can make them in just several simple steps and none of these hairstyles takes hours.
What does long hair say about a woman?
Women with long hair are perceived as more carefree and youthful or even childish. Women with long hair are expected to be feminine. Thus wearing your hair long can create an impression of unprofessionalism at the workplace. A great alternative is to put your hair in a bun or French twist.
What does braids symbolize in different cultures?
In many African tribes, braid patterns and hairstyles were identifying each tribe, age, marital and social status. Braiding was viewed as passing knowledge about this art form across generations. Wearing braids protect hair from head damage. In Scandinavian history, women were braids to signify their unmarried status.