Bun hairstyles are always in the top of the hairstyles ideas. Of course, as they are so good-looking for formal events, daily life and fancy occasions. More and more people with any hair length are trying them on and absolutely love the results they get. If you are interested in trying new things that will upgrade your appearance, then try these hairstyles that we have found for you.
A Low Twisted Bun
If you have long hair that you would like to put into a beautiful hairstyle, we have a suggestion for you. Do a low twisted bun with a loose side braid. Isn`t it gorgeous? It is a great idea among other bun hairstyles for long hair.
A Half Wrapped Low Bun
Do you prefer tight hairstyles to the loose ones? Then this secure half-wrapped low bun is your next everyday choice. An elegant bun that fixes your hair together in a tight way. Add a thick piece of hair as an interesting detail, and your perfect hairdo is done!
A Low Bun With Elegant Pearl Accessories
There are a lot of ideas with bun hairstyles for medium length hair, and we aspire to bring the best ones to you. What do you think about this one? In our opinion, it is worth trying! A simple low bun with small pearl accessories that bring so much chic to the hairstyle.
A Messy Low Braided Bun
Braids have always been popular all over the planet. They bring a particular mood to the whole appearance of the person who is wearing them. They are also very comfortable apart from looking beautiful. Why don`t you try on a braided bun then? Interesting and different from everything you have tried, for sure.
A Messy High Bun
Messy hair and easy bun hairstyles are coming together to create trendy and gorgeous hair looks. Super simple, this messy bun hairstyle will become your favorite hairdo for every day as you won`t have to spend hours making it look pretty. Its messiness is its charm for sure.
A Cute High Gibson Bun Style
A high Gibson bun style is standing out from all bun hairstyles for black hair. It makes it look even more shiny and beautiful. Gather your hair into a high bun and make it loose around the areas where it is supposed to be held. Isn`t it perfectly imperfect?
A High Bun With A Scarf
Scarves and headbands have come into the fashion world again, and we are thrilled they`ve made a comeback! There are so many ways to wear them, but we believe this one to be the most stylish. Make a high bun and fix it with a headband. It will definitely catch attention, bringing an exciting detail into your look!
A Boho High Bun Hairstyle
A high bun in a boho style will be perfect not only for every day. It will be super-looking on special occasions, too. Loose, with a lot of volume, it will have a unique vibe coming from it. Isn`t it what you prefer?
A High Bun And A Bow Idea
Unusual things usually bring so much attention, and this high bun with the bow is one of them. Messy bun hairstyles with small, stylish details will become so popular that you will be shaken. So, don`t miss your chance to try it on yourself this season.
A Bow High Bun
Do you have long hair and are up to try unusual hairstyles on it? Add a texturizing spray to your length to get volume and fix it in a bow bun. Do it carefully and slowly for it to look neat. Don`t be afraid if it gets loose, it will bring even more charm to it.
Cute Double High Buns
Who says that you have to stick to a classic one-bun hairstyle? We have so many great ideas that you can try with double hair buns. What about this one? Two messy high buns that will bring so much cuteness to your look.
Low Bun With Twisted Crown
Don’t ever underestimate the power of a couple of twists and pulled crown! Although they’re just little details, such a play of texture and touch of volume is enough to make your hairdo more balanced and harmonic.
Messy Low Bun With Flowers
There is no better way to accessorize your hair than to put real flowers in your ‘do! Not only will they make your hairstyle look more feminine but they will also make a simple hairstyle look more significant.
Simple Low Bun
With the right approach to styling a low bun, simple doesn’t mean plain-looking. First off, make sure to be attentive to details: your hair should be sleek and manageable before styling. Then, twist your hair gently, ensuring there is no stray hair. A tip: on balayage hair, such ideas reach a whole new level.
Messy Chignon Bun Hairstyle
How about you to add a fresh take at the restrained and classic chignon? Here, it’s diversified with the charm of messiness, which gives a modern touch to the good old hairstyle. Some defined locks and left-out front pieces are enough to show a chignon from a new light.
Puffed Low Bun Hairstyle
The best thing about bun hairstyles is that they work for every hair type. And yes, this idea is no exception. If your hair is thin and fine, you can create visual volume with a puff. Also, don’t forget to pull the crown to add even more volume to the whole look.
Textured Bun Hairstyle
When playing with updos, the distinctively styled texture is key to reaching perfection. Well, this hairdo is prof! And you know what? It only requires wavy hair! Just wave your locks, securing each one with a generous amount of hairspray. Then, twist them into an updo. Voila!
A Messy Bun Tutorial
We would be glad to help you with creating bun hairstyles step by step. Here`s a tutorial for you!
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail and, with your fingers, mess up a bit of the fixed hair. Pull out some little pieces around your face.
- Divide your hair into two sections and split these two sections into two little ones so, in the end, you have four thin separate pieces.
- Take two little pieces and wrap them around each other until you get to the ends of the “braid.”
- Pick a thin piece out of the ends and hold it with one hand. Slowly pull the twisted hair that has separated from the picked end upwards with another hand.
- Fix the messy bun you have created with some bobby pins. Repeat the same routine with the other half of the hair.
A Dutch Braid Into A Bun Tutorial
Why don`t we try a different variation of a bun hairstyle?
- Take a section of hair from the crown of your head and, splitting it into three pieces, do an inside-out Dutch braid. You just go under the pieces of hair, gathering more and more strands of hair from the sides until you get all your hair braided.
- When you get to the length of the hair, fix the braid with an elastic band by looping your hair through it once and switching your elastic band around and looping it through again.
- Pull out the strands of hair of the messy bun and fix it with some bobby pins.
A Double Buns Updo Tutorial
Would you like to try double buns? Then do it with us!
- . Make sure they are at the same height.
- Braid your hair in the pigtails and secure it with little elastics.
- Loose up the braids for more of a relaxed look and wrap them around the pigtails.
- Secure the messy double buns with some bobby pins.
Braided Bun Updo Tutorial
Braids have always been a good match to updos, and here’s how you can create a bubble-braid updo.
- Start off by creating a ponytail with your perfectly brushed and detangled hair.
- Split the ponytail into three equal sections, clipping the side sections out of the way.
- Now, start bubble-braiding by placing one more elastic to the middle section.
- Next, split the hair over the elastic and pull the lower hair through the hole.
- Go on adding new elastics and flipping the hair in and through the holes until the braid is ready.
- Repeat the previous step with the side sections and then twist them into an updo, securing it with bobby pins.
Braided High Bun Tutorial
Follow these steps to beautify your high bun with a braided texture!
- Begin by brushing your hair, tilting your hair toward the floor.
- Now, it’s time for a Dutch braid: starting at the very nape, split the bottom hair into three equal sections.
- Cross the right strand under the middle strand, and then the left strand over the middle until you reach the top of the head.
- Tie the braid with an elastic and twist it into an updo, securing it with bobby pins.
Bun hairstyles will make any look you think of even more special than it is already. They will bring freshness and mood to your appearance. Try them on with us and pick your favorite bun hairstyle!
FAQ: Bun Hairstyles
Do buns ruin your hair?
Putting your hair up in a tight ponytail as well as wrapping your hair around too tight to make a bun can cause hairline’s receding and breakage at full length of your hair. Avoid wearing your hair too tight and do not forget to moisturize it regularly.
Does sleeping in a bun curl your hair?
Sleeping in a bun is one of the ways to get heat-free curls overnight. You’ll need a special hair donut or you can fashion one yourself from a sock with a toe part cut off. Put your hair in a ponytail, dampen it, then tuck the ends of your ponytail over your donut. Roll your ponytail into a bun and leave overnight. In the morning you’ll get light wavy hair.
- A bun is a type of hairstyle in which the hair is pulled back from the face, twisted or plaited, and wrapped in a circular coil around itself, typically on top or back of the head or just above the neck. Source
- No matter your hair length or type, a stylish bun will always ensure you a chic and sleek look. Source
- Get inspriation from the latest celebrity hairstyles, expert tips from makeup artists, and more! Source
Was this article helpful?