Medium Layered Haircuts to Try This Season
Thinking about options for medium layered haircuts? Every woman goes through the time when she can’t decide whether or not to let her hair grow long or get it short. That’s why medium length hairstyles are so popular right now. They still leave room for styling without the commitment to really long hair. And we all don’t have time to deal with the knots and tangles that are peculiar to longer hairstyles.
Short layered haircuts work well with fun streaks or highlights, but shoulder length layered haircuts are the best of both worlds. The good part about layered hairstyles is that they work for any face shape and hair texture.
Long layered haircuts are also quite in demand, but shoulder length haircuts are so versatile, especially with the additional color styling options such as ombre and balayage tones.
Your hairstylist will help you determine if longer or shorter layers are best for your hair texture. Also, layers can add volume to fine hair and extra bounce to curly or wavy hair. And the best part about layers is that you can always grow them out if you don’t like them.
That’s why medium layered haircuts are perfect: they are not as drastic as a shorter hairstyle! We put together a list of our favorite medium layered hairstyles for this year. Choose the one that works best for your lifestyle! And don’t be afraid to experiment with different styling tools and coloring options such as bright ombre or subtle balayage. The sky's the limit when it comes to unique hairstyles as pretty much anything goes in this year!
1. Curly LayersSource: Freeelancing via Instagram
If you want to add more volume to your natural curls, layers are a must. It will not only give your hairstyle a modern touch, but it will also draw attention to your gorgeous facial features.
2. Smart and ChicSource: Lora_arellano via Instagram
This chic style is perfect for straight, thick hair. This mid-length bob, with its blunt and heavy fringe, pays homage to Bettie Page.
3. Loose LayersSource: Lora_arellano via Instagram
These long layers provide a lot of movement and bounce. But the best thing about this hairstyle is that it is easy to style, which is great for those ladies who have a busy lifestyle and don’t want to fuss with their locks.
4. StairstepsSource: Allurehairbar via Instagram
5. Layers for Thin HairSource: Rafaelbertolucci1 via Instagram
6. Layers for Thicker HairSource: Harttofcolor via Instagram
This look is perfect for those with thick hair. It has a slight wave and looks both carefree and polished. The layers will give it a ton of movement and volume.
7. Tousled LayersSource: Weylie via Instagram
8. 70s RetroSource: Salsalhair via Instagram
This totally hip look works wonders for fine hair! With its long tapered bangs and feathered layers, it harkens back to days of disco music and bell bottoms!
9. A-Line with Razored TipsSource: Weylie via Instagram
This fun take on the A-line is quite stunning. It has ragged ends and layers that softly frame the face to balance the cropped A-line cut.
10. Messy Side SweepSource: Guy_tang via Instagram
These choppy layers with jagged ends are reminiscent of the emo look of the early 2000s. The extreme side part is dramatic and will really make a statement.
11. Contrasting LayersSource: Harttofcolor via Instagram
This look with its varying layers and tones is perfect for the women who can't decide! You can opt for both highlights and lowlights or a gorgeous two-toned balayage with this unique and trendy haircut!
12. Free Flowing LayersSource: Drelefevre via Instagram
This look with its delicate layers is totally feminine. Add some dark highlights to really dress up the look.
13. Flipped Out LayersSource: Salsalhair via Instagram
This style is perfect for those who have long hair and want to cut off a few inches without getting a drastic cut. The stacked layers add bouncy volume and movement. All you need to do is slightly flip out the ends with a curling iron, hair dryer, or flat iron.
14. Choppy WavesSource: Rafaelbertolucci1 via Instagram
15. Shaggy Style without BangsSource: Carringtondurham via Instagram
A slightly careless shaggy style is very popular this summer. This hairstyle is for those who do not want to spend a lot of time on the styling. Lightly comb the hair, giving it volume, and you are ready to conquer the world.
16. Asymmetric Medium Layered HaircutSource: Ssssamanthaa via Instagram
Look on this inverted bob with soft waves! We are sure that asymmetric haircuts look very feminine and elegant on women of any age.
17. Curly Layered A-line BobSource: Emilyandersonstyling via Instagram
If you want to look spectacular, ask your stylist for a layered bob. This haircut is flattering for women of any age. Natural curls will make a coquettish hairdo. If you have straight hair, use a curling rod.
18. Multicolored Layered HaircutsSource: Butterflyloftsalon via Instagram
Multicolor ombre hair is a trend of the summer season. You can use blue, purple, pink colors to be more bright and stylish.
19. Layered Tips with Long BangsSource: Salsalhair via Instagram
Long bangs can accentuate the face and enhance its shape, while layered tips give you an elegant look. This style will suit all women: blondes, brunettes, or brown-haired girls.
20. Swept Side Hairstyles with Bright Colored OmbreSource: Luanna via Instagram
Bright reddish-brown ombre will be a wonderful hairstyle for those who are used to being in the center of attention.
These are the trendiest medium layered haircuts. We are sure that you can choose a flattering haircut to sport this season.