Light Your Face From Within With The New Yoga Skin Trend
What thoughts come to your mind when you hear the phrase “yoga skin”? Most likely, you would associate it with a sweaty florid face without a touch of makeup. But what if the face expressed the inner state of the mind and body? How would your image change? We’re almost sure you’d describe it as fresh, healthy and glowy. This is exactly what a yoga-skin trend is about. If you want to find out more about this brand-new makeup technique, more so, learn how to do it and get inspired by the best yoga makeup looks, we’re here to talk you through.
What Is The Yoga Skin Trend?
Yoga skin makeup, even though sounds intriguing (or maybe even terrifying for someone), has nothing to do with mental and physical practices. It’s a special technique in makeup when you mix several products together and work them into your skin for a lit-from-within look. The idea behind the trend is that your skin looks as radiant and dewy as if you’ve just flitted out of a yoga class.
It was first introduced by Sara Hill, a makeup artist who has created many celebrity looks. She posted a short tutorial on how to get the yoga skin look on one of her social media platforms, and it’s become viral in a flicker. If you’re striving to keep up with the current makeup trends, you should definitely try out the look yourself.
Source: sarahillmakeup via Instagram
How To Achieve Yoga Skin?
To get this earth-shattering makeup look, you should follow the next steps:
- Prepare your skin for makeup application with a cleanser and moisturizer. Wait until they’re completely absorbed.
- Apply a bead of a non-silicone primer as a skin base and let it sink into the skin.
- In any container, your palm will work too, mix 3-4 pumps of your best water-based foundation with a light to medium coverage, a drop of face oil and another drop of a liquid highlighter or strobe cream, opting for golden shades.
- Massage the blend into your skin with the hands, not a sponge or brush, until the coverage is even and settled. Use a small amount of concealer with the liquid formula on problem zones.
- As a final touch, apply a cream blush and/or bronzer and secure everything with a little powder or alcohol-free setting spray.
Click Next Page to see different yoga makeup looks!