Adorable And Meaningful Baby Girl Names For Young Mothers
There is no better miracle than the miracle of birth. We are sure that every mother prepares for the occasion thoroughly. You browse through countless nursery ideas, you decorate the room, you baby-proof the apartment, and so on. For some reason, when it comes to the baby’s name, you either know it from the beginning or you postpone it to the last minute. For you not be overwhelmed with the number of baby girl names that can be found on the web, we have gathered here the most popular ones as well as the most unique and meaningful names for you. Once you read the article to the end, your baby girl’s name will be chosen, we can assure you!
The Most Popular Girl’s Names
There are so many cute baby girl names that are trending at the moment, so that we are going to start our list with those. You need not confuse the popular names with the classy ones, although they may coincide at times. Besides, every year has its own fair share of popular names. The most popular 2019-2020 list consists of:
The Hottest Girl Names For 2020
There is a reason they call it popular baby girl names. The more popular is the name, the higher is the chance that the neighboring girl will be named the way you name your little angel. To avoid that, we are going to share a secret with you. The truth is that there are also names that are just rising up to hit it with full force when 2020 comes. In case you wonder what are the hottest names of the upcoming year, you have come to the right place!
Girl's Names Inspired By Birthstones
There is another quite hot trend when it comes to top baby girl names. The fact is, if you would like your baby to choose her name, you can leave it to birthstones. In case you do not know, every month comes with a particular gemstone entitles to it. For instance:
- January – Garnet
- Fabrurary - Amethyst
- March - Aquamarine
- April – Diamond
- May - Emerald
- June – Pearl
- July – Ruby
- August - Peridot
- September - Sapphire
- October - Opal
- November - Topaz
- December - Turqouise
The truth is, such a precious stone name describes perfectly how precious your little girl is to you!
Borrow It From Nature
We know, not every mother is equally fond of classic baby girl names, that is why we always have something unique hidden up our sleeve. In fact, that is not our invention, it is a partial trend that is also gaining popularity at the moment. Mothers tend to name their babies after Mother Nature. Let’s have a look at what is meant:
Aren’t these names vibrating radiance and life nature grants us?
Boy Names That Are Now Going To Girls
It is hard to say that we are going to bring some rare names in this chapter. However, the point is that they are considered to be unusual baby girl names since they are boyish. Plus, discovering baby boy names can also come in handy when looking for girly names, as there are lots of unisex names to give, too. From now on such names as we list below are not entitled to little men coming to this world:
The Rarest: Sanskrit Names For Girls
If none of the unique baby girl names mentioned above have caught your attention, there is something else we wish to share. If you are a fan of vintage and meaningful names, then these Sanskrit names will steal your attention.
- Abhaya will be your fearless little angel
- Ambar is the girl that embraces the sky
- Avantika is the true Queen
- Divya will become a Divine woman
- Jyotsna will be bright and passionate as the flame itself
- Karishma is your precious Miracle
- Mohini, the most beautiful girl of all
- Shreya gorgeous and lovely as a true goddess
- Swara is the girl who brings the light
- Vaidehi the gorgeous and devoted wife
Girl’s Names From Mythology
Apart from the names from Sanskrit, there are also baby girl names and meanings that come to us from myths and legends.
- Penelope was the wife of a wise Greek hero Ulysses
- Aphrodite – we think the name does not need an explanation, the Goddess of love she is
- Cassandra – The princess of the Kind of Troy who was able to see beyond the veil
- Althea – most popular women’s name in both mythology as well as poetry, which adds the name a taste of romance
- Ariadne – is the holiest woman
- Anagha – the goddess of a woman
Names Meaning: ‘Beautiful’ And ‘Pretty.’
We couldn’t but bring to your attention the list of beautiful baby girl names that speak for themselves:
- Alina – a noblewoman
- Belinda – the most gorgeous woman your eyes will see
- Calliope – her voice will conquer the hearts
- Ellie – the light of a woman
- Felicia – one lucky and successful lady
- Kaytlyn – strong woman and smart wife, also a very beautiful lady
- Lynne – as beautiful and passionate as a mighty waterfall
- Miyuki - Beautiful and happy lady
- Norabel – irresistible and beautiful light
- Rosaleen – gorgeous and gentle rose
Names Meaning: ‘Successful’
Very often, you can hear that the name has a direct impact on the fate of the child. That is why if you believe that and wish your child to be successful, we have a few names that mean it and which you can at least consider:
- Victoria – it goes without saying that a child named after a queen will be nothing but successful
- Naila is another word for successful
- Fawziya – if you want your little angel to be both victorious and successful that is the name to pick
- Yashashree is the true Goddess of success
Names Meaning: ‘Flower.
Some mothers imagine their little ones to be named after something beautiful and gentle and at times, fragile. The name of a flower fits the description perfectly.
- Daisy – do these gorgeous spring flowers need an introduction?
- Violet – is the flower cherished by poets
- Aboli – in Hindi the word means flower
- Juhi – is the variation of Jasmine, you can consider both by the way
- Zahra – is Arabic for flower
Names Meaning: ‘Romance’
This is never a waste to think of a name for your child that will express your eternal parental love and devotion. In times like this, romantic names are more than fitting, and we are going to share a few of those with you:
- Amora – ‘love’ in Spanish
- Scarlett means red and we all know what color the love is of
- Davina – deeply loved
- Ai – ‘love’ in Japanese
- Darlene – does not need that much of an explanation, the way you name someone the dearest to you
- Cer - Welsh for love
- Yaretzi – is the word that stands for the phrase, “I will always love you!”
- Kalila – Arabic for loads of love
Names Meaning: Virtue
It is always great to teach your child what is right and wrong with the day she is born. Giving a corresponding name would be a proper step to take. So, let’s have a closer look at which names correspond to which virtues:
- Bina – would stand for an understanding little lady with the thirst for knowledge
- Amity – is the friendlies girl you get to know
- Faith – the virtue that needs little introduction
- Peace – the very same goes for this gorgeous and meaningful name
- Namya – is an honorable woman
- Priti – is a beautiful young lady
- Omna – a virtuous of a woman
Names Meaning: Spiritual Practice
Not everyone knows or says it out loud, but choosing your little one’s name is not only a tiresome but also a spiritual process. Taking that into consideration, we offer you have a look at these spiritual names as well.
- Angelique – a little angel in a flesh
- Celestia – a gift from heaven
- Batya – god’s daughter
- Chava – the life itself
- Gwyneth – a blessed child
- Magdalena – a precious gift from God
- Helena – she brings Light
- Lourdes – innocent and gentle one, just like Mother Mary
Edgy Girl Names
Well, it is the 21st century that we are talking about, that is why many mothers-to-be are looking for something rather edge than classy. If you belong to the category, then we have a list for you too:
- Athena – wise, fair and kind goddess
- Blythe – a happy girl
- Harper – intricate and gentle as the instrument
- Layla – she is the mystery of the night
- Lucille – the lightbringer
- Maisie – a little pearl in the family
- Primrose – the first rose that blooms in your garden
- Teagan – the artistic and pretty one
- Tove – unstoppable as a thunder
Famous Celebrities Names For Your Daughter
We know that no matter how many meaningful names there are, many of you are longing to name your little one after someone famous. Well, you have your perfect chance with this list:
- Charlotte – her quench for freedom is rarely satisfied
- Josie – always guided by god
- June – ever young
- Ophelia – the one that brings help
- Paris – fabulous
- Norah – the light that shines the brightest
- Kate – pure at heart
Are you happen to be in search of meaningful and beautiful baby girl names? You have come to the right place! We have the best names to suit all tastes!
FAQ: Baby Girl Names
What is the most unpopular name for a girl?
According to the data provided by the New York State Statistical Yearbook in 2020, among the most unpopular girls’ names are:
What girl name means destiny?
Dalia is a girl name with a Lithuanian origin that means fate. It’s also a name that means destiny.
How do I find a good baby name?
- Avoid following fads.
- Keep in mind that traditional names don’t have to be uninteresting.
- Take a look at your genealogy.
- Take into account the significance of the middle name.
- Don’t forget to include your initials.
- Respect your heritage.
- Look up definitions.
- Consider all of the possible nicknames.