It is high time to think about prom hairstyles as the big dance will soon be upon us. You’re probably already dreaming about the event: the dress, the dancing and, of course, your dream date! As you sit in a class, you find yourself daydreaming about prom night. And you and your friends talk about nothing but prom gowns, makeup, accessories, and of course, hairstyles! Whether you are looking for prom long or medium length hairstyles, the options are limitless. There are a ton of fun, elegant, and trendy hairstyles for the upcoming prom season. From curls to braids to fancy updos, there’s something for everyone. We have put together a list of some of our favorite hairstyles for 2020. These are the looks that you can easily pull off at home. So, you can save money on a hair appointment and spend it on other things such as that spray bracelet or glittery eyeshadow! But never forget to try to do any hairdo you wish beforehand in order to decide whether you are able to do it or not and to know exactly how much time it takes.
1. Captivatingly Cool Braided PonytailsSource: taylor_lamb_hair via Instagram, habitsalon via Instagram, elstilespb via Instagram
2. Perfect Pin CurlsSource: nadigerber via Instagram, elstilespb via Instagram, shafaqnovruz via Instagram
3. Flowery Fairy PrincessSource: sash.studio via Instagram, taylor_lamb_hair via Instagram, shafaqnovruz via Instagram
4. Braided CrownsSource: heidimariegarrett via Instagram, emilyrosehannon via Instagram, ulyana.aster via Instagram
5. Hairstyles With BowsSource: georgiykot via Instagram, ulyana.aster via Instagram
6. Stunning Updos With Pins And AccessoriesSource: hairandmakeupbysteph via Instagram, elstilela via Instagram, komarova_websalon via Instagram
7. Beautifully PonytailSource: sash.studio via Instagram, nadigerber via Instagram, alena__famina via Instagram
8. Pretty Party Waves And CurlsSource: alexandra_poslavskaya via Instagram, kykhair via Instagram, emmachenartistry via Instagram
9. Mystical Mermaid BraidsSource: heidimariegarrett via Instagram, komarova_websalon via Instagram, tonyastylist via Instagram
FAQ: Prom Hairstyles
How to do an elegant and simple French twist?
- Add some waves and texture spray. Toss all of your hair behind and begin to loosely gather all of your hair on the right side of your head.
- Bring that section upwards and hold it in place in near the center of the back of your head.
- Pull out some small pieces to frame your face.
- While holding this section in the center, smooth down the top.
- Slide one pin upwards right up the middle trying to secure all of your section and then slide a second one up and across the previous pin for extra security. Next, place one pin down crossing through the center of the two to make a star. Add more if you need to.
- Take all of your hair and tie a small hair elastic creating a small bun at the ends.
- Hold your hair out behind you and begin tightly rolling it inwards until you reach your head.
- Once you’ve reached your head hold the roll with your left hand tightly against your head as you roll everything a little bit tighter and tuck away any loose ends.
- Keeping a hold of that roll start pinning the right side of it to your head starting at the bottom and sliding it underneath.
How to create old Hollywood curls?
- Do a side part. Apply heat protector.
- Grab medium or a large-sized curling wand, start from a lower section curling your hair inwards, placing the wand underneath the hair. Work your way up and then move on to the second part of your hair still curling in the same direction.
- Brush your hair very gently.
- Set with a hair spray.
Was this article helpful?