Difference Between Lip Gloss And Lipstick
But how lip gloss and lipstick are different?
- Texture. There are various textures that lipstick comes in: heavy, thick, and creamy, natural, textured, glossy, matte, shiny, and silk. But as for gloss, it is lightweight, liquid, and moist. Gloss grants the lips sheer and shine, while lipstick gives them a rich and intense look.
- Wear. Lipstick tends to last longer, comparing to gloss. Gloss wears off quickly due to its slippery texture.
- Coverage. Lipstick can be covered more widely over your lips, comparing to gloss.
- Dryness. Lipstick is capable of hiding discoloration. However, it will accentuate dryness. And gloss will conceal dryness, but it won’t hide any discoloration.
- Finishes. Both lipstick and gloss offer you many finishes. The difference is that lipstick is denser, while gloss is less dense.
- Packaging. Lip gloss tends to come in a tube, wand, or pot. And lipstick comes in a stick form. Sometimes it is liquid, packed into a pot or tube.