Simple Ways How To Make Yourself Throw Up
In case you wish to learn all possible ways how to make yourself throw up – you have come to the right place. Yet, it is our responsibility to warn you that making yourself throw up on a regular basis is a terrible idea, which can trigger a lot of severe consequences. Use these tips only when necessary, remember that abusing something that does you right can lead to adverse outcome!
When Is Vomiting A Good Idea?
Very often, when you ate or swallowed something you think is harmful to you the first idea that comes to mind is to make yourself puke. Despite how right it seems that is not always the case. The thing is that when you throw up, you may do yourself more harm than good if what you swallowed was quite poisonous. That is why vomiting is a good idea only after the doctor tells you so. This means that the first thing you need to do when you feel that something is not right – is to call a doctor. Remember that self-medication may be more dangerous in times than the cause you are trying to treat!
Forcing Yourself To Vomit With Fingers
The easiest and the most traditional way how to throw up is to use your fingers.
- Make sure you wash your hands first.
- Place two fingers in your mouth; push them close to your throat.
- Remove them when you feel gagging.
- You may want to kneel to make the process go smoothly.
- Wash your hands after you are done.
How To Make Yourself Throw Up With The Help Of Warm Salt Water?
In case, you wonder how to induce vomiting with the help of salt – it is quite easy and very effective though unpleasant.
- Dissolve four teaspoons of salt in a warm glass of water.
- Drink it right away.
- Drink four more glasses of plain water afterward.
- Due to the effect of salt on your stomach, you will feel like puking soon after.
Drink Coca-Cola To Make Yourself Vomit
This one may seem quite unusual let alone the most pleasant way to make yourself throw up. All you need to do is to drink cola with water at the same time. This will provoke the discomfort in your stomach and it will lead to throwing up.
Using Toothbrush To Make Yourself Throw UpSource: marciaharrersobekdds via Instagram
The toothbrush method is quite the same as with the fingers, but some people won’t feel comfortable with using their fingers to deal with the matter. Here is what you need to do with a toothbrush:
- Wet it.
- Place it in your mouth and start brushing gently the back of your tongue.
- When you feel gagging, remove it.
- You may need to repeat the procedure if nothing happens.
Expose Yourself To Unpleasant Smells And Sights
Those of you who are very sensitive to bad sights or unpleasant smells may use it as a trigger to make yourself vomit. However, that is a very personal approach, and sometimes it may be difficult to find a rotting cabbage to smell when needed.
Gargle With Egg Whites
If you are one of those people that do not like the taste of raw eggs, then this method may help you end up vomiting.
- Part egg whites from yolks.
- Use egg whites as gargling solution.
- After a few moments, it will do the required job.
Think About Vomiting
This may be as well the easiest way to provoke vomiting – think about it. Just imagine all the things that make you feel nauseous, and it will undoubtedly help you succeed with the process in real life.
Just like a salt solution, mustard one is as equally effective to cause vomiting. Here is what you need to do:
- Dissolve a teaspoon of mustard in a glass of warm water and drink it up.
- Wait up within an hour, and it will come in more than successful.
Using Bloodroot Herb
Bloodroot herb is also useful when it comes to making yourself throw up. All you need to do is to add some of it to a glass of water and drink it up. However, be careful since this herb may be poisonous to the human body itself that is why you need to consult a doctor as for the dosage.
Forcing Yourself To Vomit With Baking Soda
Baking soda is effective in numerous situations and the one when you need to vomit is undoubtedly not the exception. All you need to do is to dissolve a teaspoon of it in a glass of water and then gulp it down. The effect will be immediate.
Things To Do After You Throw Up
Just like food poisoning, throwing up itself is very tiresome for your body that is why you need to help your organism recover after you have been puking. Here is what you need to do:
- It goes without saying that to begin with you need to rinse your mouth.
- Since vomiting leads to dehydration, you need to drink a lot after it.
- Apart from water, you can drink some herbal teas since they can help the digestion.
- Some rest is also necessary since your body is surely weak.
- Last but not least, cranberry juice will help you deal with an unpleasant aftertaste.
Possible Side Effects
As every action done to our body, vomiting has side effects, and we are going to list them so that you are fully aware of all possible consequences:
- Your organism may become inclined to throwing up.
- Your body gets dehydrated.
- Stomach acid may ruin your teeth.
- Acid refluxes may be the consequence.
- There is a risk of developing eating disorders.
FAQ: How To Make Yourself Throw Up
What to do after throwing up?
Your body will be dehydrated after vomiting. However, it is preferable to sip rather small amounts of water every 15 minutes for the next 3 or 4 hours. You will unlikely have urge to eat so eating is out of the question.
Should I lie down after vomiting?
It is better to be sitting up rather than lying down while you wait for your digestive system to recover. You should avoid moving too much and eating food for the next 4 hours, especially food that is salty, spicy or greasy.