Cinnamon Pecan Chia Bars
Photo and recipe by My Sequined Life
- 12 pitted Medjool dates (roughly 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup almond butter (see note)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Line a 9″x5″ loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. You’ll want the parchment paper to overhang on two opposite sides so you’ll be able to easily pull the bars out of the pan when it’s time to slice.
2. Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
3. Process until all ingredients are just about evenly dispersed, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula several times throughout. It will be done when its consistency holds its shape when you press on it.
4. Turn out mixture into the prepared loaf pan and press firmly into a block with about 1/2″ thickness. The mixture won’t take up the whole pan – just press into however much you’d like.
5. Refrigerate pan for at least 45 minutes, or until the mixture has hardened some and will slice cleanly.
6. Slice into 8 bars and store in the refrigerator. Bars will stay for several weeks.
Main photo: Kaboompics