There are techniques that will teach you how to make your hair grow faster and at the same time maintain or improve its health by making the strands thicker, and shinier and controlling hair fall. Most women love long and shiny hair but our hair grows around a quarter to half an inch every month. Try out these simple tips, include these foods in your diet, and see visible results within a month!
How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster: Use a Hair Mask
Hairstyles for long hair look better after applying a hair mask. Besides, using a hair mask is an efficient way to make your hair grow faster as well as generate a lustrous shine. The best hair mask that you can use is the egg mask which is as follows – take a small bowl and mix in egg yolk, a teaspoon of honey, olive oil, and vodka. Apply this mixture all over your hair thoroughly starting from the roots to the ends and keep it for 30 minutes. Wash it off after that and repeat this procedure once a week and start seeing visible signs of change.
If you don’t want to apply an egg mask, you can always use a mixture of coconut oil, almond oil, and honey as a mask. Apply it the same way as described above.
Alternatively, you can also use a mixture of fresh potato juice, egg yolk, and honey as a hair mask and apply it to your hair in order to boost growth.
Those with long hair cuts need to maintain their hair length. So, try to consume foods high in protein. While you are on a crash diet there might be an intake of low amounts of protein as a result of which the hair may become thin, the growth might stop or it can even start falling after some time. So, it is recommended that you include around 45-55 grams of protein every day in your diet. Protein contains a building material that helps your hair to grow quickly, so ensure that you have protein-rich foods such as milk, cheese, eggs, meat, and fish for your hair to grow long and thick.
Maintain a Healthy Scalp
A healthy scalp is essential for you to grow beautiful and healthy hair and hence it is vital that we take care of it. When you are able to cleanse and apply healthy ingredients to your hair, it helps in hair growth. So, always remember to never apply conditioner to the hair roots as some of them contain silicon and wax. It may clog the skin pores on your scalp and prevent the skin from breathing resulting in the growth of dandruff and a dry scalp – all deterrents to a healthy scalp and hair growth. So, always make sure to apply conditioner to the hair ends.
Using apple cider vinegar is also a great way to remove the dirt from your scalp and hair. It assists in boosting hair growth and also helps in untangling rough hair and prevents split ends. Take two tablespoons of the vinegar, add to a bottle of water and you’ve got yourself a homemade conditioner! Now apply this after you shampoo and as a part of your shampooing and conditioning routine. On a regular application, this will change the way your hair looks and feels by making it softer and shinier, boosting hair growth at the same time.
How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster: Comb Your Hair Regularly
This may sound weird but combing your hair at least twice a day improves the blood circulation in your scalp which in turn is essential for the hair follicles to work efficiently and aid in hair growth. Always remember to not comb when your hair is wet, as it weakens the roots, and comb smoothly using a wide-toothed comb.
Try a Warm Oil Scalp Massage
You can always try a warm oil scalp massage to stimulate blood circulation in your scalp for which you can either use olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, or argan oil. Make sure that you heat the oil slightly and then massage it in circular motions all over the scalp thoroughly for a period of 15-20 minutes. After application, wait for 30 minutes before washing it off with shampoo. This is an extremely relaxing experience and also works wonders for your hair by making it shinier and healthier along with boosting hair growth.
Massaging your hair with castor oil and leaving it on overnight can have wondrous effects on your hair. Follow this procedure 1-2 times a week and start getting visible signs of improvement in two weeks.
Massage Your Scalp Regularly
Remember to massage the scalp gently and very thoroughly every time you apply some product to your hair – be it a shampoo, conditioner, or oil. Use your fingers to gently massage your head for 1-2 minutes. It helps in the even application of the product and aids in increasing blood circulation in your scalp, which in turn stimulates the hair follicles to boost hair growth. Ensure that you use oil that has rosemary, burdock roots, or stinging nettle for the best results.
- Eggs: Your hair is made of keratin, a type of protein, and eggs are a rich source of protein and minerals such as zinc, sulfur, and iron. So, a great way how to make your hair grow faster is to include eggs in your diet.
- Salmon: Salmon is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids that are essential for maintaining healthy hair and contributing to hair growth. Nuts such as cashew, almond, hazelnuts, pecans, and butternuts are also a great sources of natural fatty acids.
- Foods rich in vitamin C and iron: Foods that are rich in vitamin C are extremely essential to improve blood circulation in your scalp which in turn stimulates the hair follicles, assisting in hair growth. Green leafy vegetables such as spinach are a rich source of iron, beta-carotene, and Vitamin C, all vital nutrients aiding hair growth.
- Meat – be it lean red meat or poultry: An extremely useful tip on how to make your hair grow faster is to include meat in your diet. Meat is a rich source of protein and it provides all the building blocks quintessential to hair growth.
How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster: Hair Care while Sleeping
Sleep is the time for growth and regeneration and this is when the hair grows the fastest. Maintaining proper hair care while you are not awake is vital. So, ensure that you don’t tie up your hair too tightly in a form of a braid or a ponytail before going to bed as it will prevent your hair from growing faster and even result in hair fall. Also, ensure that the pillow on which you are sleeping has a silk pillowcase so that there is less friction in the hair when you move around. These small tips work wonders in aiding hair growth.
Foods That Aid in Boosting Hair Growth
Just like our body needs its fair share of nutrients for growth and repair, the hair needs it, too. Alter your diet a bit and include these foods, which will help you to grow hair faster and take proper care of it.
FAQ: How To Make Your Hair Grow Faster
How do you use rosemary for hair loss?
- Add a bunch of rosemary into a big pot of water. Turn the temperature of the stove down to a low medium setting and allow it to simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Pour into a container.
- Shampoo and condition your hair and then while your hair still wet just take the rinse and pour it all over your head make sure you really get into the scalp. Massage for one minute. And let it air dry.
Does rice water really grow hair?
Rice water in known to make hair smoother, stronger, increase shine, help grows. Here’s how to make rice water mask.
- Wash rice. Mix in the bowl 1 cup basmati rice and 3 cups of water.
- For 5-10 min, rub rice to get out all the nutrients.
- Sift rice into pot.
- Add orange peel for a nicer smell.
- On low heat, heat up water for 15 min (do not let in boil). Stir occasionally.
- Pour water with orange peel into jar. Once cool, place jar in a dark space for 2-3 days to ferment.
- Shake jar and add to a spray bottle. Store the remaining water in the fridge for up to a week.
- Apply generously to your scalp and hair, massage for one minute. Leave in for 1-3 hours. Shampoo and condition as normal after.