Pierced Nose Aftercare
Piercing your nose is just half of a deal. The thing is that every piercing needs proper aftercare and nose one is not the exception.
How To Care For A Newly Pierced Nose? Useful Tips
- First of all, you need to clean your fresh piercing not less than twice a day.
- You can use a store-bought antiseptic, or you can make your own one, all you need to do is to dilute some sea salt in water and clean the piercing with salt water.
- Do not forget to wash your hands before the procedure.
- Wipe your nose clean and dry with a clean towel.
- Soak a Q-tip in the solution and remove all the crust and what not around the piercing, from both sides, make sure you are doing it all gently.
- Add some lavender essential oil to the area around the piercing to promote the nose piercing healing.
You Should Avoid To Do These Things
There is a list of things to avoid too:
- Make sure you are sleeping on a clean pillowcase so that bacterial has not a chance to spread.
- A hot bath is your enemy for a while, make sure you do not submerge your piercing under hot water in no case.
- Do not take the piercing out until it heals in no case.
- Do not cover the piercing area with makeup.
- Harsh antiseptics should be avoided at all cost too.
Why So Impotant To Care About Your Pierced Nose?
Source: catarinataylor via Instagram
After you undergo all the pains of getting the piercing, it may seem that the worst has passed, but that is not the case. The thing is that if you do not care well for your pierced nose the infection may begin and that will lead to a list of severe and unpleasant consequences, and you surely do not want all that effort to go in vain just because you were lazy enough to clean your piercing twice a day, right? It take up to 4 months for some areas to heal but if you take proper care of the wound you may speed up the process, or it can be vice versa so that you have to be careful and thorough when it comes to any body piercing especially the one like nose piercing.
Main photo sandy_cottoncandy