Refreshing Christmas Drinks To Prepare For Holidays
Christmas drinks are not necessarily alcoholic, as getting tipsy is hardly everyone’s purpose at a Christmas party. When spending time with your close ones, it is possible to have much fun without any booze. Besides, when hosting a party, you probably do not want anyone to crash into the Christmas tree before 9 p.m. Still, drinks are important because some liquid must accompany so much food. So, opt for luxurious cocktails that contain no alcohol.
In case you have no desire to serve some fancy cocktails at your party, think about offering green tea to your guests, which is a great choice, considering green tea benefits. Your guests will thank you for the drink that enhances memory, burns fat, relaxes, and fights bacteria.
Sparkling Cranberry Pomegranate
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2-3 limes
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar + 1/4 cup for rimming glasses
- 2 and 1/3 cup unsweetened cranberry pomegranate juice
- 24 ounces club soda, sparkling water, or sparkling soda
- Lots of crushed or cubed ice
- Optional: fresh mint, cinnamon sticks
Deseed a pomegranate to get 3/4 cup pomegranate arils. Thinly slice 2-3 limes. In a bowl, whisk together the water and 3/4 cup white sugar until the sugar is completely integrated. Fill a large pitcher halfway with lots of ice. Pour in the simple sugar mixture of water and sugar. Add in the unsweetened cranberry-pomegranate juice. Add in the club soda or sparkling water. I used 1 bottle of mandarin lime sparkling water and 1 bottle of sparkling pomegranate soda (each bottle was 12 ounces). Stir together in the pitcher. Add in the sliced limes and pomegranate arils. If desired, rim your glasses in sugar! Dip the top of the glass into a bowl filled with water and then into a bowl filled with sugar. Pour the drink into the sugar-rimmed glasses and garnish if desired with a cinnamon stick and/or fresh mint. Add a slice of lime if desired. Enjoy immediately. (To make ahead, combine everything except the ice and sparkling water/soda. Add ice and sparkling water/soda right before serving.)
Creamy White Christmas Punch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 oz evaporated milk (6 Tbsp)
- 1/2- 1 tsp almond extract (I used a teaspoon)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 2-liter bottle of 7UP®
- Whipped cream and sprinkles (optional)
Combine sugar and water in a small glass bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds or till sugar is dissolved. Cool and stir in evaporated milk and almond extract. Pour into a large punch bowl and add vanilla ice cream. Use a potato masher to break ice cream into small chunks. Slowly stir in the 7UP®. Spoon into serving glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired. Serve immediately.
Apple Cider Sangria
- 1 grany smith apple
- 1 honey crisp apple
- 1 orange
- 1 pear
- 1 pomegranate
- 750 ml non alcoholic apple cider
- 500 ml sparkling water [I used lemon lime canada dry sparkling seltzer water]
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
Chop apple and pear into cubes [with skin on]. Cut orange into slices and peel the pomegranate. Add the chopped fruits to a pitcher (reserve some for garnish). Add apple cider and Canada Dry Sparkling Seltzer Water to the pitcher and stir to combine. You can also add sugar at this point (if using). Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to chill. When apple cider sangria is chilled, pour into serving glasses and garnish with the remaining fruits. Enjoy!
- 4-5 pieces of 1-2" pineapple pieces
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup chilled grape juice (if possible, freshly prepared at home)
- 1/2 chilled sparkling water or soda
- 1 tsp agave (optional to adjust sweetness)
- ice cubes to serve
- few lime slices to garnish
In a small mixing bowl, add pineapple pieces and muddle them using the back of a wooden spatula for couple of min or until all pineapple pieces have broken into small pieces. Then, add mint leaves and again muddle for a few seconds to just bruise the leaves and release the essential flavors. Transfer the muddled mixture into a serving glass. Add ice cubes followed by grape juice, lime juice, sparkling water or soda. Adjust sweetener if necessary. Give it a gentle mix, add couple of lime slices and enjoy a glass of pineapple mojito.
Blood Orange, Italian Sodas
Blood Orange Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- The juice of 3 blood oranges
- 1 drop red gel food coloring (optional)
- 1 large bottle sparkling water
- 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Basil or Mint to garnish
In a medium-sized sauce pan, add the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the blood orange juice. Stir together to combine. (If you want a darker red coloring, feel free to add some food colorant to help give it that deep red color). In a glass, add about ½ cup perrier then about 2 tbs. of the syrup and ¼ cup coconut cream. Garnish with mint or basil and serve immediately.
Cranberry-Apple Cider Punch
- 4 cups apple cider, chilled
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1 can (12oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate
- apple slices & orange slices for garnish
- frozen cranberries, optional for garnish
In a 4 quart container, combine cider, juice, and orange juice concentrate. Refrigerate until serving time. Just before serving pour punch into punch bowl and add chilled ginger ale. Garnish with frozen cranberries, apple & orange slices.
Cranberry Fizz Mocktail
- 3 ounces of sparkling cider or ginger ale
- 3 ounces of cranapple juice
- splash of lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon completely blended
Rub a lemon or lime around the rim of your glass and then dip into the sugar/cinnamon mix. Fill the glass with ice. Add then cranapple. Add a splash of fresh juice of lemon or lime. Top off with sparkling cider or ginger ale.
FAQ: Christmas Drinks
How to make holiday mocktails?
- 1 1/2 oz. of grapefruit juice
1/2 oz. stevia syrup
Pour into glasses with ice. Add sparkling grape juice.
Garnish with cranberries.
- Mix 4 oz. of orange juice, 1 oz. of pomegranate juice, ice and shake.
Pour into tall glasses and add sparkling grape juice.
Garnish with pomegranate.
How to make Christmas mocktails?
- Mix ice, 3 oz. chilled apple cider, 2 oz. cranberry juice, 2-3 mint leaves. Shake.
Pour into a jar with ice, add 2 oz. ginger ale. Garnish with red berries and mint.
- Mix ice, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil, ½ tbsp. vanilla extract, ¾ oz. maple syrup, 1 tbsp. brown sugar. Shake. Pour into a glass.