Anyone who has lost a decent amount of weight knows the struggle of loose skin. Even if you have followed a healthy diet and exercised, you might still notice some hanging skin on areas such as your arms, face, neck and other areas of your body. This might be especially noticeable after pregnancy. Is there a way to remedy this without surgery? In the following article we will give you some helpful and safe advice on how to tighten skin so you can rock that sleeveless dress or sexy cami.
Eating a proper diet is really the main way how to tighten skin during weight loss. We could give you a whole list of what to eat, but instead here are a few tips on how to eat right to help prevent your skinning from sagging.
- Stay Hydrated Proper hydration is critical to weight loss. You should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will help keep your skin hydrated and healthy and prevent loose skin from forming.
- Lean Proteins Lean proteins such as lean meats and fish are an essential part of a healthy diet. They contain Vitamin B12 which can keep you healthy and tighten your skin.
- Raw Diet Broiling, frying and otherwise heating food can cook out many of the vitamins and nutrients essential for weight loss. Eating a diet of raw fruits and veggies will help tighten your skin. And bonus: SUSHI!
- Eliminate Junk Food Fatty foods such as fast foods and fat foods will wreck havoc with your skin. If you want to have firm skin avoid junk food at all costs and make healthy choices.
2. Healthy Weight Loss
The key to keeping your skin firm and tight while losing weight is to not lose weight too quickly. Rapid weight loss is not healthy for many reasons, and is one of the main reasons for saggy, loose skin. Fad diets might seem like a good idea at the time, but the best way to lose weight and keep it off, is to lose it at a steady pace. When you first start dieting, especially if you are making drastic changes, you might notice the weight will fall off quickly however, after a few weeks it will slow down. 1-2lbs a week is a healthy goal and will help keep your skin firm during the process.
These might not work for everyone. But they are worth a shot. And you don’t have to spend a lot of money on expensive products from salons. And as a side note, coconut oil is cheap and works great at firming skin, especially under the eyes and on the neck and face.
- Collagen Creams Collagen creams can really give your skin a boost. Again, they do not work on every skin type so make sure to read labels before making a purchase.
- Firming/Toning Lotions Firming and toning creams and lotions are especially beneficial to those women who are trying to lose weight after pregnancy. Make sure to purchase lotions and creams that contain natural and herbal ingredients such as Vitamins A & E and Aloe Vera
Exercise is essential to weight loss. During the start of your diet, you will want to focus mainly on cardio to burn fat. However as you start to lose weight you will want to move to exercises that are geared more toward toning your skin to prevent weight loss. So break out those yoga pants and get to it!
- Calisthenics Calisthenics might seem old fashioned with all of the trendy workouts today like Zumba and Spinning, but they are an excellent way to build and sculpt muscles. They are also great for heart health and a great way how to tighten skin during and after weight loss. Simply add some calisthenics to your weekly workout regime including push-ups, windmills, jumping jacks and the like. Not only are they fun but they are an excellent way to tighten your skin and tone your muscles.
- Weight Training Weight training is a great way to tighten and firm your skin, especially in your upper arms. You can find plenty of weight training videos and routines online. If you are overly concerned that you will look too buff, simply use weights 2-3 a week. It will keep you feeling strong, healthy and sexy. Weight training is an excellent way if you are looking how to tighten skin.
- Yoga/Pilates Yoga and pilates are an excellent way to develop tight, firm skin. Not only do pilates and yoga help you relax, relieve stress and lose weight, they can help you tighten your skin so you will look and feel younger. There are many types of yoga and pilates classes and you can easily find free videos online. You will notice a difference in your skin after just a few weeks.
5. Minimize Sun Exposure
Tanning might seem like a great idea, but the sun’s harsh ultraviolet rays are extremely damaging to your skin from premature aging wrinkles and skin cancer. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible and apply sunscreen whenever you will be outside for longer periods of time.
6. Tightening Masks and Astringents
Did you know you can make your own face masks at home? As well as tummy masks or facial astringents? You can simply apply an egg white mask to your stomach 3-4 times a week or make a face mask of honey, rosemary and witch hazel. Both of these treatments will leave your skin feeling healthy and tight after just a few weeks.
Massage is a great way to relax, but it’s also an excellent way to tighten skin on your upper arms and thighs. Massaging your skin helps to stimulate the blood cells which will lead to firmer skin.
8. Mineral Scrubs
Mineral scrubs such as sea salt scrubs are a great way to firm up your skin. They are not expensive and a little goes a long way. Sea salt helps increase the blood flow which leads to healthier, stronger and firmer skin.
FAQ: How To Tighten Skin
Is it possible to tighten loose skin on stomach?
Regular tummy tucks and small tummy tucks are invasive treatments that remove fat cells and tighten extra skin in the stomach area. An incision is created along the bikini line in a typical tummy tuck, which entails invasive surgery of the middle and lower abdominal areas. This treatment method also allows to deal with muscle separation.
Does coconut oil tighten skin?
Coconut oil has become a common cooking essential, and it may also be used to tighten your skin. Coconut oil is a great antioxidant that fights free radicals that cause skin damage. It also hydrates and moisturizes your skin, preventing sagging.
Does vitamin C tighten skin?
Your skin may sag if your collagen levels begin to decline. The use of a vitamin C serum may help to increase collagen formation, making your skin tighter.