Aloe Vera Plant Uses - You Will Be Surprised What Wonder This Plant Can Do for You
Aloe Vera has a huge number of benefits, and that's why it is used in many beauty products. While we may have spent quite a bit on buying those expensive products, little did we think of growing this plant at home. It is one of those house plants that requires least attention. Occasional watering and warm conditions is all it needs. The medicinal properties of Aloe Vera are abound. The leaves are pointed and spongy because they are filled with the precious aloe gel. You can easily split open the leaf to scrape out the gel with the help of a spoon.
- Soothes burns – If you burnt yourself – from fire or from the sun, apply it on the area that is burnt and its soothing properties will calm your skin down. The anti-inflammatory properties are among the most important benefits of Aloe Vera. These properties help to reduce the damage caused by the UV rays of the sun.
- Moisturize – Aloe Vera is a wonder gel for oily and acne prone skin. It increases the water content in your skin which helps in keeping your skin hydrated. This eliminates the greasy look that results from the excessive oil in your skin. You can apply the gel directly to your skin from the plant.
- Combats acne and blemishes – The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities of Aloe Vera make it a great gel for reducing acne and lightening the blemishes. To reduce acne and blemishes, add 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice to a tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel. Apply it all over your face and wash it after 30 minutes. Do this regularly to notice the difference. Because lemon increases photosensitivity, it is best to do this before you go to sleep. But if you have to step out in the sun after using the mask, then apply a good sunblock.
- Heals wounds – One of the Aloe Vera plant uses is that it heals wounds easily. The anti-inflammatory agents found in Aloe Vera make it very effective for treating small cuts and bruises, and painful insect bites can be soothed with the help of the cooling Aloe Vera gel.
- Reduces wrinkles – This wonder plant has antioxidants which help to fight the free radicals. These free radicals are damaging and can lead to the premature aging. Applying Aloe Vera on your face helps you lower the chances of developing wrinkles.
There are many benefits of Aloe Vera plant for hair. Aloe Vera gel for hair nourishes your hair and makes it look beautiful. Read further to know the different Aloe Vera plant uses for your hair.
- Hair growth – Apply Aloe Vera gel on your scalp for some lovely tresses. Alternatively, you can also mix the gel with some castor oil to aid hair growth. When mixing it with castor oil, add 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel to one tablespoon of castor oil. This should be kept overnight for great results.
- Combat dandruff - Many herbal shampoos and conditioners include Aloe Vera to add dandruff fighting properties to it. Aloe Vera helps in removing dead skin cells and balances the pH levels of the scalp to ensure that dandruff goes away. Applying Aloe Vera removes dandruff and helps in the growth of healthy hair.
- Hair conditioning – It is a natural conditioner for your hair and it has no side effects. It moisturizes, strengthens, and adds shine to your hair. You can apply the gel and leave it for 15 to 30 minutes before you wash your hair, or you can apply the gel directly after you have shampooed your hair and then wash it in a couple of minutes.
The juice of Aloe Vera is available in stores and it can to keep you healthy in many ways.
- Eases heartburns and acid reflux – The cooling effect that Aloe Vera has helps you fight heartburns and acid refluxes in your stomach. Drinking Aloe Vera juice is very helpful for those who suffer from heartburns. It plays an important role in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disorders, as well.
- Reduces cholesterol – Research has shown that Aloe Vera can help reduce the cholesterol levels in your body. The research is in its nascent stages but trials have shown reduced cholesterol levels after using Aloe Vera.
- Regulates blood sugar – Many diabetics drink Aloe Vera juice to keep their blood sugar levels in check. In a two month study in 2012 in Planta Medica, those who were suffering from diabetes were treated with 300 mg of Aloe Vera extract in the form of a capsule. It was found that Aloe Vera showed great results in reducing blood sugar levels.
- Builds immunity – Drinking Aloe Vera juice regularly helps you increase your immunity power because of the many nutrients that are included in it. This helps you fight many diseases and reduces the risk of falling prey to degenerative diseases like cancer. Aloe Vera increases the production of nitric oxide and cytokines in our body. This helps us build a stronger immune system.
- Promotes oral health – Aloe Vera is included in many toothpastes because it is good for your gums. It helps you keep your gums healthy and its anti-inflammatory properties combat many gum problems.
Aloe Vera has many benefits and it is one of the best plants to keep at home because of its therapeutic and medical benefits. Whether it is to fight signs of aging or to simply relieve the pain of an insect bite, Aloe Vera can come handy for many reasons. We consider Aloe Vera to be an all-rounder the super-plant that can do it all.