The Absolute Power Abs Workout
Who doesn’t like to make heads turn with their shapely body? Hours at the gym and strenuous diet courses aim at just one thing, a body that is picture-perfect. Your posture depends a lot on the muscles of your mid-section. We have the perfect workout regime for you which can help you strengthen your core.
When planning your abs workout routine, think about the muscles you want to engage. The abdominal muscle wall consists of four distinct muscle groups which are the interior and exterior obliques, the front abdominals and the core abdominals. With the help of the power abs workout you can activate all those muscle groups which in turn help your body strengthen the abdominal wall. This ensures that your physical abilities are augmented. Power abs workouts are great for those who are looking for an ab workout which puts all the muscles into use.
It is very helpful in increasing your physical performance and allowing you to unlock your body’s full potential. When you perform these exercises then do it explosively. It has been noticed that when you perform your exercises in a fast tempo, you activate more muscles than doing it in a slower tempo. The reason why it works is because your muscles have to generate higher amounts of force if you perform your exercises at a fast tempo.
Follow these power abs exercises which are also helpful for losing weight, and you will find a huge difference in your mid-section. Perform the entire circuit twice, three days a week. You must do it on alternating days. You will notice your core to be stronger once you continue doing the circuit for a substantial period of time.
This exercise targets your back, abs, obliques as well as your inner and outer thighs. To get it right follow these steps:
- Lie on the floor with your face facing up. Extend your arms and legs upwards. Lift your head, neck and shoulders off the floor.
- Lower your arms out to the sides and at the same time, open your legs at 45 degrees. Your shoulders and head should remain raised all this time.
- Now return to the start position and squeeze your palms together and your legs together.
- You must do 10 to 12 reps of the clamps.
2. Wiper Plank
The wiper plank targets your back, abs, obliques, legs and your butt. The steps are:
- Begin this exercise on the floor with the plank position. Balance yourself on forearms and toes. Your elbows should be directly under your shoulders. Keep your hands clasped together.
- Lift your right leg as high as you can and then lower it without touching your toes to the floor. Now bring it out to your right side.
- Bring your right leg back to the centre and repeat the exercise without touching your toes to the floor.
- Switch legs and repeat the exercise. Do 10 to 12 reps of the wiper plank.
This exercise targets your back, abs and obliques. Follow these steps to do the sprinkler:
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended. Your thighs should stick together and your feet must be flexed. Tilt your torso back by 45 degrees with your arms extended out to the sides and your palms facing forward.
- Rotate your torso to the right and in doing so, you must sweep your left arm across your body so that the left palm taps the right palm.
- Go back to the starting position and then repeat the same thing to the left.
- Complete 10 to 12 reps of this exercise.
The twister is a power abs exercise which targets your shoulders, back, abs, obliques and hamstrings:
- Stand and put your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows to the sides and with your hands touch behind the head. Keep your back flat and hinge forward from your hips. Reach a position where your upper body is parallel to the floor.
- Now rotate your torso to face right. Hold this position for a brief moment and then return to the center. Pause again and then rotate left to complete the exercise.
- Do this 10 to 12 times.
5. Skinny Dip
The skinny dip targets the back, abs, obliques and your butt. Steps for the skinny dip are:
- Lie on your left on the floor. Prop yourself up on your left forearm. Bend your knees 90 degrees with your toes pointing behind you. Extend your right arm over your head.
- Raise your hips off the floor and lift your bent right leg for a few feet.
- With your right leg lifted, bring your hip back to the floor.
- Do this 10 to 12 times by switching sides.
6. Jack Knife
The jackknife targets shoulders, back, abs, obliques as well as legs. To do this exercise, follow these steps:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Extend your arms over your head. Lift your right leg approximately a foot off the floor and keep your toes pointed.
- Bend forward from your hips and reach your hands to your toes.
- Keep your right foot lifted and then make sure your back remains flat all the time. Straighten up to the start position as you lift your arms overhead. Now place your right foot on the floor.
- Repeat this 10 to 12 times by alternating sides.
All these exercises are aimed at strengthening your core. The power abs workout is a good way to flatten your mid-section so that you can look shapely. When you start a workout regime to strengthen your mid-section, make sure that it is followed by a diet which includes healthy food as well. Healthy eating always compliments your workout and makes sure that it is more effective especially if your abs workout routine is focused at reducing belly fat. When looking for the most effective ways for performing a power abs workout, ensure you focus on activating all the muscles and doing the exercises correctly to achieve optimum results.