How to Get of Dark Circles: 10 Simple Home Remedies
Dark circles under the eyes can be embarrassing and reduce our self-esteem. But there is a solution. We can tell you how to get rid of eye bags so your eyes sparkle and shine!
Dark circles can be caused by many factors: lack of sleep, poor health, being overworked, stress, and improper diet, staring at a computer screen or another digital device for extended periods of time, allergies and crying too much. It is not a permanent problem and can be easily resolved.
In this article, we will discuss how to get rid of dark circles under eyes with some simple and inexpensive home remedies. Besides, you probably already have these ingredients in your fridge or cupboard.
Before we give you our simple skin care tips, and here are some simple tips to help you avoid getting dark circles in the first place:
- Avoid staring at computer screens or other media devices such as smart phones, tablets, digital readers and television screens for extended periods of time. If you must do so, give your eyes a break at least once an hour by looking away from the device and focusing your eyes on a distant object for at least thirty seconds.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes as this causes your blood vessels to constrict.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep at night, 7-9 hours is recommended for your overall physical and mental health.
- Eat a diet that is rich in Iron and Vitamins A, C & E, as they are beneficial for eye health.
- Sleep with extra pillows to keep your blood circulating and to keep fluid from gathering around your eyes.
- Apply sunscreen every day, year-round!
- Limit salt-intake as well as alcohol and caffeine consumption.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Completely remove your eye makeup before going to sleep.
DIY Remedies: How to Get Rid of Dark Circles
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil has many soothing benefits for our skin and our health. If you massage a little bit of extra virgin, organic coconut oil under your eyes when you first wake up and about half an hour before bed it can help eliminate (and prevent) dark circles, reduce puffiness and even help prevent laugh lines and wrinkles. Gently massage the coconut oil beneath your eyes and allow it to absorb into your skin. Do not rinse off.
2. Cucumber Slices
Although you remember seeing black and white movies where women are lounging around with cucumber slices over their eyes, this is not an old wives tale. Cucumbers are one of the main ingredients used in most face and eye masks at the fanciest health spas.
All you need to do is simply slice a chilled cucumber and place a slice over each eye. Allow them to stay there for 15 to 20 minutes.
If you don’t want to put cucumber slices over your eyes, you can extract the juice, soak some cotton balls or pads in the juice for a few minutes, throw the cotton balls in the fridge to chill and then apply them to your eyes.
Whichever method you choose, your eyes will thank you. Your skin will feel smooth and your dark circles will soon disappear.