Everyone wants to lose weight in a hurry and some will go to extreme measures to do so. Skipping meals or starving yourself is not a way to lose weight fast. It is possible to shed a few pounds quickly, but you need to do so the right way by taking care of your body by eating properly, drinking enough water, getting proper sleep and exercising without overdoing it.
The following article will give you some safe tips on how to lose weight fast without making yourself sick.
1. Drink LOTS of Water!
Exercises to lose weight fast are quite helpful, but don't forget to drink much water, too. Diet drinks, energy drinks and sports drinks...even smoothies; contain about 100 calories per serving. A lot of our calorie intake during the day is sadly taken up by beverages. A smoothie for breakfast, a diet soda for lunch and an energy drink in the afternoon all add up. Diet soda and energy drinks are full of sodium and end up making you dehydrated, which only makes you drink more. It’s a vicious cycle.
Drink mainly water. A normal healthy diet consists of 8-10 8 oz glasses of water a day, so if you are trying to lose weight fast you should add at least four glasses to your normal routine. Water has zero calories and contains no sodium. It keeps you naturally hydrated while flushing out that extra water weight and boosting your metabolism. If you get tired of drinking “plain water” add some lemon, lime, cucumber slices or mint leaves.
2. Make Sure You Are Getting Proper Sleep
Believe it or not, sleep plays a crucial role in weight loss. Proper sleep affects your metabolism and also alters your BMI as well as impacts your fullness and hunger hormones. Sleep deprivation can lead to boredom, which leads to late night snacking, plus it leaves you feeling more tired so you will be less likely to exercise the next day.
You should try to get 7 to 9 hours of solid sleep a night, the best way to do so is to stick to a set schedule on which you go to sleep and get up at the same time every day.
3. Exercise 30 Minutes a Day
It's also essential to do exercises to lose weight fast, so don't forget to buy comfortable yoga pants. Working out in general is a great way to get your heart rate burn calories and boost your metabolism. However, you will burn more calories if you opt for a cardio workout that engages different muscles and body parts at the same time. 30 minutes a day will burn 200+ calories while toning up your entire body at once. If you aren’t in shape, start with a moderate cardio workout and work your weight up. Even brisk walking is a great way to burn calories and tone up. Aerobic exercises and dance are also a great way, so is swimming. If you don’t have the time to go to a gym, simply turn up the tunes and dance around for 30 minutes a day. A little cardio can go a long way, and it helps increase your energy level as well, so you can stay focused throughout your day.
4. Replace Coffee and Tea With Green Tea
Green tea contains a high amount of antioxidants which can greatly help boost your metabolism. Simply replacing coffee or tea with organic green tea can help you lose weight as well as boost your immune system to fight disease. You can drink 3 to 4 cups of green tea a day. If you absolutely need your coffee, replace one cup a day with green tea to start and gradually increase if you can.
5. Make Simple Changes To Your Diet
It’s amazing how simple changes to your diet can help you lose weight. You never want to skip meals or go a full day without eating. Eat smaller meals throughout the day. Here are some other tips to help you improve your day so you can lose weight fast.
- Eat Plenty of “Good Fats” Fats are not the enemy. There are plenty of “good fats” that can help you lose weight. For example, coconut oil, avocado, olive oil, dark chocolate and nuts. Of course, you do not want to eat these in excess, but saturated fats are good for you in moderation and they can even help boost your metabolism.
- Eliminate Sugars and Starch Sugars and starches are the two main sources that stimulate our insulin levels, which are the main fat storage hormones. As we decrease our insulin levels, the body starts to burn fat instead of carbs. Lowering your insulin levels also rids your kidneys of excess water and sodium can add water weight. Eliminating (or at least cutting way back on) refined sugars and starches can help you feel full faster, speed up your metabolism, reduce hunger cravings, lower your insulin levels and help you lose weight all at once. Eventually your body won’t even miss starches and sugars and you will feel much healthier overall.
- Eat Plenty of High Protein Foods You should make sure to include one protein source, one fat source and one vegetable in every meal. Proteins are essential for a healthy diet and can actually help you lose weight. A good source of protein would be lean meats, seafood and fish, eggs, lentils, beans, leafy green vegetables, nuts, and fruits.
Other Tips to Help You Lose Weight
- Use a smaller plate and have smaller portions
- Eat fresh foods rather than processed foods
- Drink water 30 minutes prior and 30 minutes following each meal
- Eat a breakfast that is high in protein
- Don’t eat when you’re bored, exercise instead!
There you have it, some simple tips to help you lose weight fast! If you follow these guidelines, you will be on your way to a leaner, happier, healthier you! Don’t be surprised if you drop a lot of weight quickly and then it slows down after a bit. Normal weight loss is 1-3 lbs a week. Usually the first two weeks when you make a change is when you see the spike in your weight loss. Don’t get discouraged when it starts to even out. Boost up your workouts a bit to help you lose more weight per week!