Interesting Ice Breaker Questions To Start A Conversation
Ice breaker questions are questions that let people feel less uncomfortable when talking for the first time. Such questions will come to your rescue whenever you have no idea what to say to your new acquaintance.
Overall, to make a good first impression, your task is to sound light-hearted and interested in the person you are talking to. It’s not difficult!
Read on to explore the best conversation starters and questions that will help you learn better a stranger within minutes.
The Best Ice Breaker Questions To Start The Conversation OnlineSource: pollunaa via Instagram
How to break the ice if you want to find a date online? That’s the question that most of us ask now and then because online dating has become super convenient and popular. Here’s a list of questions that can always help you out:
- What’s your profession?
- Do you have pets? I adore dogs and cats.
- Do you prefer dogs or cats? Think twice before you answer.
- Do you eat meat?
- How did you spend your weekend?
- What is your zodiac sign? How do you think, do stars predetermine who we are?
- Is family important to you? Are you close to your relatives?
- Do you have a big family?
- Do you have a favorite cocktail?
- How d’you usually spend your days off?
- How do you treat competition?
- Are you more active in the morning or the evening?
- What kind of movies do you prefer?
- I am slightly old-fashioned. And you?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Do you like sarcasm?
- Is there any place you’d like to move?
- Do you have some favorite movie character that you associate yourself with?
- Which superhero would you like to be?
- What would your perfect day be like?
- Are you adventurous?
- Are you into romance?
- Do you like dancing or singing?
- Have you ever fallen in love within minutes after meeting a person?
- What is your hometown?
- Are you outgoing or a bit shy?
- Have you read anything exciting lately?
- Are you a fan of traveling? What are your vacation plans?
Ice Breaker Questions To Strike Up A ConversationSource: erickelley via Instagram
How to begin a conversation with a stranger when you are at a movie theater, a bookstore, a cafe, or simply in the street? We have some ideas that might come in handy.
- "Could you advise anything tasty?" This phrase will work in a café when you see a cute waitperson.
- "Do you know anyone at the party?" Maybe you two have mutual friends, and the conversation will go more smoothly.
- "I am buying drinks for my besties." Would you join our table? This phrase is great when you are hanging out in a club and notice someone special beside you.
- "I am going to a party. Have you tried this beer?" This question is ideal when you are at a store.
- "Have you read this book? Would you recommend it?" It’s a classy conversation starter at a bookstore.
- "Wow, how adorable your dog is!" If you are in a park or the street, this could be a useful phrase.
- "Your sneakers look awesome!" Compliment a person’s taste – it’s a win-win.
- "Is the seat occupied?" It’s among the simplest ice breaker questions, but it rarely fails someone.
- "Have we ever met before?" Ask this question if you have seen this person in the neighborhood already. Then it won’t sound as if you were a pickup artist.
Ice Breaker Questions For A First DateSource: twomaries via Instagram
We think that ice breaker questions for dating are definitely worth mentioning. When you have a first date, it’s not always easy to find the right words. So, catch our suggestions:
- Isn’t it a pleasant place? (when you are in a restaurant).
- What do you prefer drinking?
- Do you like your food?
- Have you been to this restaurant before?
- How was the day?
- What do you do for a living?
- What is your favorite band?
- What food do you prefer?
- Do you have a favorite restaurant?
- What do you usually do in order to relax after work?
- What is or was your major?
- If you could, what is one thing in the world that you would fix? Why?
- Tell me about your turn-ons and turn-offs.
- Is your behavior formal or casual most of the time?
- Are you always that charming?
- Games, books, or movies?
- Are you more into routine or adventure? What do you expect from your partner?
- What are your funniest childhood memories?
- Do you have a hobby?
- When was your first kiss?
- What does the term ‘relationship’ mean to you?
- Why did you break up with the ex?
- Were you excited to have this date?
Get To Know You Ice Breaker QuestionsSource: erickelley via Instagram
If you wish to really get to know your new acquaintance and find out if you have a future, you should definitely ask him or her some of the following ice breaker questions.
- Do you have any strange traditions in the family? You might understand this person better once you learn about his or her childhood.
- Did you have an awful job? You can share your worst experiences and laugh.
- Is there anything surprising about you that I should know? You can learn things that don’t usually pop up on a first date.
- What are you up to this month? It is among the most relevant ice breaker questions for youth. The younger you are, the more mood shifts you have. You deserve to know how serious your new acquaintance is.
- Can you describe yourself with only 3 words? This question is simple, but the answer will be intriguing.
- Let’s imagine that you have enough money that you do not need to work anymore. How will you spend your days? Learn what truly motivates this person.
Use Funny Questions To Break The IceSource: olgakireeva_com via Instagram
We all love good humor. These funny icebreaker questions can’t leave anyone indifferent. They can work for online conversations as well as live situations.
- Using only 5 emojis, tell me about your life. Let your match demonstrate his or her sense of humor and intelligence.
- Let’s imagine that tomorrow the earth will cease to exist. What would be your meals? It’s a tricky way of learning a person’s food preferences.
- What is the moment that you are most proud of? It’s an awesome question to ask a person when he or she is tipsy at a party. Chances are that you will hear the answer that will tell you a lot about your new acquaintance.
- Do you know the lyrics to some embarrassing song? We all have something to confess about, and you two might laugh at those guilty pleasures.
- What was the worst present that you have ever received? Share your experiences and learn his or her preferences.
- What TV show impressed you the most when you were a kid? Such nostalgia will grant positive emotions. And in case you name the same TV show, it’s your match!
Save these ice breaker questions because there will be many times you will need them. More curious info is waiting for you on our blog.