Perfect First Date Questions To Help You Get Along
Most of us like going on dates, but the first one is usually the toughest, wouldn’t you agree? Depending on how the date goes, your future relationship with the person is being determined. However, in most cases first dates fail simply because we do not ask enough questions or ask the wrong ones. That is why we have come to a conclusion that providing you with the list of proper first date ice breaker questions is more than a good idea. Today we are going to look through all that you need to know about when your date begins, as it goes on and when it about to end but you want a second one planned. With this simple and effective question guide, all of your first dates will pass smoother than ever. It a simple science to go through a first date successfully when you know what to avoid and to bring up. Read on, and you will never fear the first date failure!
How To Ask First Date Questions For A Maximum Effect?
What to talk about on a first date? It may seem like an impossible task to deal with, but in fact, it is easier than you think. First things first – you shouldn’t bombard your date with tons of questions straight away as well as you should not sit there in silence since both situations would result in an awkward tension and that is not something you would like to achieve. In order to succeed with the friendly conversation you need to think of such questions that you yourself wouldn’t mind answering, something general but with a twist that will help the conversation go on. It is essential that you keep it in mind that this is not an interrogation but a great chance to learn something more about the person you asked out. Finding common hobbies and likes is the key point to achieve. Bear it in mind.
The Essential 10 Questions You Can Use In The Start
It may seem that there are no simple questions to ask on a first date – but that is not true. We are going to prove it to you that they not only exist, but they are easy to memorize too, what is more, they can easily transform into an interesting first-date conversation. So, here is the approximate list of 10 questions that will help you go through the first date:
- Do you have some personal projects?
- Can you share with me how your usual day goes?
- What was the last book that you read?
- Is there any food that you do not like or do not eat?
- What is your perfect vacation destination?
- Was your last week special? Why?
- Has anyone ever given you a piece of advice that you always use?
- Do you have close friends? What makes them special for you?
- When you were a kid – what were you like?
- What is your favorite TV show?
Questions To Help You To Get Comfortable
There are some really uncomfortable questions to get to know someone, and it is best you do not use them. Instead, you can ask something that may seem silly at first, but it will surely melt the ice and the further you will go the easier it will become. It is true they sound somewhat silly, but you wouldn’t believe – they actually work like a charm. Try it, but make sure that you are not moving too fast and try to avoid some personal issues. Anything that you feel not that comfortable about is probably the same for your date, keep it in mind, and all will go well:
- Do you like cats or dogs more?
- Do you like to cook?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What is your passion?
- Would you like to live somewhere else?
Let’s Keep The Date GoingSource: mikutas via Instagram
It should be noted that there are various types of dating questions. The thing is that when you feel that you actually like the person and it may feel like there is a spark between you, you can try to continue your date. However, you need to be very careful about this since you need to consider the option that your date does not feel the same way about you. So that, in order not to offend your date you should be quite certain that you will receive a positive answer. After you are through with your dinner, you can suggest your date to continue the evening somewhere else. Yet, once again you need to be at least 80% sure that your date will appreciate such an offer.
- Would you like to grab some drink?
- There is a party I have been invited to – would you like to go there with me?
- Maybe we should grab a cup of coffee some place I know?
- Do you have something to do after the dinner?
What About A Second Date?Source: ameliechristina_ via Instagram
As well as the beginning of your date so is the ending of it the most difficult to succeed with. If you are sure that you would like to meet the person again – you need to let him, or her know about it since no matter how well you spent the time together it may still seem unclear whether there is a vibe or there is none. When you choose the questions to ask on the first date when it is about to end, you need to drop at least a hint that you would like to set up a date for your second date. How do you do that? It is quite simple in fact:
- Do you mind us splitting the check?
- Is your week going to be busy?
- Do you have plans for the weekend?
- How are you planning to get home?
Now, when you are through with this simple first date questions guide you may come to a conclusion that everything is not that bad when you know what to ask and when to ask it. Of course, every situation and person is unique and different, and it means that you need to respond to the situation correspondingly, but at least you have something, to begin with!
FAQ: First Date Questions
How to make him want you on a first date?
- Spray perfume, a woman that smells really good looks 10 times more attractive to a man.
- Don’t tell him you’re looking for a serious relationship because it will scare him off, wait until three four months before you even have that conversation.
- Be mindful of how you eat on the first date, don’t take big bites, don’t talk while you’re eating.
- Make eye contact.
- Don’t kiss on the first date, he will respect you more and take you more seriously.
What to wear on a first date?
Don’t dress too revealing, you want this person to get to know you for who you really are. On the other hand, don’t be too conservative. In other words, wear what makes you feel comfortable and complements your body. Lastly, don’t wear new clothes, because you haven’t tested it in real life yet.