Best Tips on How to Burn Belly Fat
Burning the excess fat around your tummy can be quite a tough task. In addition to the unwanted looks, fat around your organs can also be harmful for your health. Very often the extra fat can be the reason for diabetes and high blood pressure. Proper diet and regular exercise can help you reduce this extra fat. Making a few changes in your lifestyle can go a long way when it comes to your health. We have a few tips for you on how to burn belly fat. Follow these tips for a great body.
Burning Belly Fat by Changing Your Diet
1. Focus on Proteins, Fruits and Vegetables
A low carb diet can be helpful if you are trying to lose weight. Select non-starchy vegetables and try to include a serving or two in each meal. Have one cup or two of leafy greens and you will find it helpful in losing belly fat.
2. Count Your Calories
Losing belly fat becomes possible when you start to count how many calories you consume. However, when you are trying to lose weight, you can hardly do anything that can reduce your weight from a particular area only. You can lose your overall weight by keeping a track on your diet.Source: vitaletik_shop via Instagram
- So how to lose belly fat fast? Reduce your daily calorie intake by approximately 500 to 750 calories. A small reduction in the calories can lead to a reduction of 1 to 2 pounds in your overall weight.
- Take the help of a food journal or an online tracker so that you can count your calories. This will help you determine how much you must consume on a daily basis to achieve your goal.
3. Limit GrainsSource: vanillabicycle via Instagram
Grains can be a part of a healthy diet, however, if your focus is on losing weight then keep your intake of grains on the lower side. The reason is that grains are a good source of carbohydrates, and you should stick to a low-carb diet if you want to lose weight. Try to stick to one serving of grains and choose 100% whole grain options.
4. Avoid Added Sugars
Try to limit your sugar intake by avoiding foods that are high in sugars. Added sugars are those that are added to a product at the time of manufacturing the product. Usually cookies and ice creams have added sugars. Check the labels for added sugars and pick products that have natural sugars.
5. Hydrate YourselfSource: j_u_l_iii_a via Instagram
Keeping yourself hydrated helps your body stay healthy. In addition to this, water gives you the feeling of being full. The usual 8 glasses a day is good and to lose some belly fat, drink a glass or two before your meals.
Burning Belly Fat by Exercising
1. Begin Your Day With Exercise
When you work out before you have a meal in the morning, then you end up burning more calories from your fat reserves. Additionally, morning exercise also keeps you fresh and rejuvenated for the rest of the day.
2. Include Aerobic ExerciseSource: _sseona via Instagram
One of the tips on how to burn belly fat is to include aerobic exercises in your workout regime. Try getting around 150 hours of aerobics every week. Make sure you choose a training routine that you enjoy. Exercises can include jogging, hiking, swimming and biking.
3. Incorporate Strength Training
Resistance training is very important as well. 2 to 3 days of strength training every week can help you tone your muscles and maintain lean muscle mass. It is best to include exercises that focus on your core so that you can get a leaner mid-section.
4. Do Interval TrainingSource: coachdefitness via Instagram
High intensity interval training is another good tip on how to burn belly fat. When you blend short bursts of high intensity training with moderate intensity exercises then it is known as high intensity training. Your regime should include 1 to 2 days of high intensity interval training every week. You can make it your cardio exercise as well.
Burning belly fat by changing your lifestyle
1. Target Stress
Stress can lead to many health conditions which affect your body aversely. Additionally, when you are stressed, your body releases many hormones. One of these hormones is cortisol which is known to cause increased belly fat. Stress also leads to eating out of hunger to satiate emotional reasons. Try to de-stress yourself by exercising or meditating. It will help you keep that belly fat in control.
2. Get Enough SleepSource: millafloryd via Instagram
Lack of sleep can be disastrous for anyone. One of the harmful effects of not getting enough sleep is that you can end up gaining weight because less sleep can affect your appetite. Adults require around 7 to 9 hours of sleep. It will help you stay rested and you will stay in shape as well.
How to stay motivated?
Many of us are guilty of beginning a weight loss regime only to give it up half way. There are many reasons for this. Some get bored while others just fall back into old habits. To stay motivated try these tips:
- Find a friend who can do it with you. A diet or an exercise buddy is a great way to stay focused on achieving your health goals. You can share your tips and tricks and motivate each other.
- Keep a journal where you can record your meals to keep a track of what you are eating. It also helps you check the calories that you are consuming on a daily basis. This means that you can check if you have had too many calories and curb your diet to reduce your calorie intake.
- Another great way of keeping a track of your fitness goals is by taking measurements. You will know your progress if you measure your waistline regularly.