Here Are The Best Natural Headache Remedies
Try natural headache remedies, and you won’t regret. Headaches are mainly categorized into three types, a tension headache, cluster headache and migraine headache. There are many causes that lead to these three headaches such as heavy work pressure, sleep deprivation, lack of water in the body, excessive smoking, drinking, constriction of blood vessels, some physiological changes in the head, etc. Normally most of us tend to have pain killers to kill a headache but sometimes extra usage of pain killers also contributes to a headache. So, it is best to avoid taking pills as much as you can.
The best tips on how to get rid of a headache at home are explained here.
Heat treatment and cold compress:Source: fruityfulbeautyful via Instagram
Heat treatment is among the most effective home remedies for headaches. What you need to do is just soak your feet in hot water and it will naturally lessen the pain in your head. The reason is, hot water will relieve pressure on blood vessels in the head. Thus, blood will be drawn to the feet. Hot compress is also helpful. Soak a towel in the hot water and press it on the back of the neck or on the forehead. Hot compress will relax the entangled muscles in that area.[ad_post_incontent_pos1]
A cold compress is also among useful natural headache remedies. A headache is sometimes originated from the sensitive nerve. If this is the case, a cold compress will be helpful. Take ice cubes in a washcloth and press on the forehead or in the back of the neck. A cold compress will constrict the blood vessels and as a result, it will stop putting pressure on the nerves.
Massage with hands:Source: kayleymelissa via Instagram
This is most probably the best and very common solution on how to get rid of a headache. We all keep on pressing on the forehead during a headache but the proper method is not known which is why the pain remains. Massage the web of your skin in a firm and circular motion with the help of the fleshy area between the thumb and forefinger. According to some experts, this fleshy area is connected to brain from where an actual headache is originated.
Soothing scent to lessen a headache:Source: doterra via Instagram
There are some essential oils which ease the pain like magic. Just apply the oil on your forehead and lie down in a cold, quiet room for half an hour. It will automatically relieve the pain. Here is the example of some of the soothing scents and essential oils.[ad_post_incontent_pos1]
- Lavender oil: This is the best essential oil that helps to remove a tension headache. Take few drops of this oil and massage the forehead gently, or else take few drops lavender essential oil in a tissue and smell it. Also, you can add the oil in hot water and inhale the steam.
- Basil oil: This is another helpful oil to ease the pain perfectly. Massage the basil oil on the forehead, or add few drops of this oil in hot water to inhale it. Also, you can just chew few basil leaves and it will do a great job in releasing the mild headache.
- Peppermint oil: Prepare a steam with adding few drops peppermint oil in boiling water and breathe it. Also, a gentle massage on the forehead with this oil will reduce the pain perfectly.
Drink some coffee:Source: brittney_saunders via Instagram
Caffeine is known to lessen a headache in the quickest way. Yes, this is one of the best natural headache remedies that can be tried to relieve the pain. But make sure the drink is strong enough. Caffeine can reduce the swelling of blood vessels and thus reduce pain. Actually, caffeine is used in some of the painkillers like Excedrin. But if you drink excessive coffee and are trying to withdraw the habit, then skip this step.
Swallow some powerful throb stoppers:Source: lauraponts via Instagram
Swallowing some anti-inflammatory juice or mint is another useful way of how to get rid of a headache. This is a very traditional concept that most of the grandmothers used to follow.[ad_post_incontent_pos1]
- Ginger: This is an anti-inflammatory food that works to reduce a headache. You can drink ginger juice with lemon juice or else chew crystallized ginger candy and you will feel much better. Also, add two teaspoon ground ginger in one cup of boiling water to drink it and it will reduce the pain.
- Rosemary tea: This is another useful herb that is effective to reduce a headache. Boil one cup of water and add 1 tsp rosemary herb in it. Let it soak for 10 minutes and then drink the tea.
- Mint Juice: Mint juice is effective to treat a headache. Squeeze the mint leaves to take out juice from it and apply it on the forehead. Coriander juice is also helpful to alleviate discomfort. Mint tea compress on the forehead will do the same job.
- Tea with whole cloves: Drink tea with ginger and whole cloves as both of them have anti-inflammatory properties, so it definitely works to alleviate the pain.
Drink plenty of water:Source: charlyjordan10 via Instagram
Dehydration can also lead to a headache. So, try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day and it will really work.
So, here are the best natural headache remedies. While all these can help you get rid of an immense headache, it is always good to follow some prevention beforehand. For example, include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and eat at regular intervals. Also, make a habit of doing some yoga or free hand exercise on a daily basis, and you will stay much healthier.