6 Best Home Remedies You Can Do Anytime to Help When Your Eyes Feel Tired
At one time or another we all have suffered from dark circles or tired eyes. This can make us look unhealthy and no one wants to have tired eyes during an important business meeting or on a first date. In this article, we will give you six easy home remedies to help when your eyes feel tired.
There are many things that can make our eyes feel tired, and that is why we need to learn how to lighten skin under eyes. Below are some of the most common reasons:
- Lack of proper sleep
- Too much sleep
- Improper lighting conditions
- Dry eye syndrome
- Near or far sightedness
- Incorrect eyeglass prescription
- Too much eye strain from the following examples:
- Driving for hours without taking a break
- Reading for too long
- Staring at a computer screen without taking breaks
- Watching TV without taking a break
- Staring at your cell phone or tablet for extended periods of time
Do you know how to get rid of dark circles? There are some simple things you can do to relieve tired eyes, ease eye strain, and reduce puffy eyes.
- Get the proper amount of sleep (7-9 hours a night)
- Schedule yearly or bi-yearly appointments with your eye doctor
- Reduce your salt intake
- Limit caffeine and alcohol
- Increase Vitamins A, C & E in your daily diet
- Increase your iron intake
- Rest your eyes after working
- Adjust the lighting
- Take frequent breaks if you spend all day staring at a computer screen
i. e., at least once an hour, focus on a far away object to give your eyes a chance to relax
- Reduce the glare on your computer screen
- Treat your allergies
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. Rubbing your eyes cause the blood vessels to dilate
- Take a break from work. At least once an hour get up and walk away from your desk for a few minutes, stretch your legs and most importantly, give your eyes a break for a few minutes.
- Wear sunglasses while outside
The above list should greatly help relieve tired eyes. However, if you still have dark circles and your eyes feel tired, here are some of our favorite tired eyes remedies.
1. Chamomile Tea Bags
An inexpensive and extremely effective home remedy is to relax for a bit with chilled tea bags over your eyes when they feel tired. Chamomile is a great way to help heal tired eyes as it is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Soak 2 chamomile tea bags in hot water (not boiling), then rinse them with cold water. Or, if you prefer you can let them stay in the fridge in cold water for a bit.
- Next, place them over your eyes and relax for twenty minutes to half an hour.
Your eyes will feel great and you will notice the puffiness and dark circles start to fade. You can repeat this process daily to sooth your tired eyes.
2. Apple Slices
Apples have tannins (tannic acid) that can aid in reducing the appearance of dark circles under our eyes. It also helps nourish the skin around our eyes, which is extremely delicate.
Simply place an apple in the fridge till it is chilled, slice it thinly, place a slice over your eyes (closed) and relax. Rinse your eyes with lukewarm water when finished.